Feigum Funeral Home
808 W Pleasant
In 1927 John Holst closed his business in Blunt and moved his young family to Pierre. He had purchased the Pierre Funeral Parlor from Lloyd P. Geesey. The firm was located on East Capitol Avenue, about a block from the state capitol. Two structures were involved in the purchase; both were homes. John operated the funeral business out of one, and his family lived in the other.
In 1927 John purchased a catalog house sitting on a site at the west edge of town (which is now 808 West Pleasant Drive, the present location of Feigum Funeral Home) to which he attached an additional structure, Holst Funeral Home. The basement was dug by his two sons with a fresno. John died in 1946 and his two sons inherited the business. Within a year they decided to sell.
Harold Widdoss and his family moved to Pierre from the Black Hills and operated the business until 1964. The Frank "Bud" Hall family sold their funeral business in Philip, SD, and moved to Pierre in 1964. Tom and Trudy Feigum joined them in 1978, purchasing the funeral home soon thereafter and renaming it Feigum Funeral Home.
In 2000 Daryl and Sally Isburg bought the funeral home from the Feigum's. Patrick VanLith managed the funeral home from 2000-2008. In February of 2009, Jeffrey Speaect along with his wife, Wendy, returned to the Pierre area to take over management of Feigum Funeral Home.
About Us |
Pre-Planning Form |
Contact Us |
Planning a Funeral |
Mailing List |
Copyright 2013 Feigum Funeral Home, All rights reserved. | Funeral Home Website by: Batesville Interactive